Massage therapy can happen as soon as 24 hours after giving birth. A gentle treatment is provided; however, pressure and positioning can be adapted to each individual patient.
· Assist with flushing out lactic acid build up within the tissues from labour
· Abdominal massage to increase uterine healing (excluding caesarian section)
· Decreases stress hormones
· Supports healthy emotional state
· Re-establishes the integrity of the pelvic structures
Infants can also be nursed during a post-partum massage. While the mother is laying on her side, your baby can be lying right with you.
Post-natal massage can continue with treatments every 3-4 weeks, but usually depends on each patient’s situation.
For more information about pre and post-natal massage please contact Absolute Pilates and speak with one of our massage therapist.
Registered Massage Therapist