Meadowlands Physiotherapy provides the Ancaster, Hamilton and surrounding communities with a holistic approach to patient recovery and health maintenance. Our highly skilled team of physiotherapists have been helping patients in Ancaster and Hamilton live healthy, active, vibrant lives since 1996.
Our physiotherapy team takes a holistic approach to health, focusing on the treatment and prevention of disease and injury. Our registered physiotherapists are also trained and certified in manual therapy, acupuncture, intramuscular stimulation (IMS), and biomechanical assessments. Our health care team includes registered massage therapists, Pilates, and yoga instructors who work alongside our physiotherapists to help support your rehabilitation, prevent future injury and support your journey to better health.
Orthopedic & Sports Injuries
Watching the game-winning goal from the sidelines instead of scoring it can be frustrating, but rushing back from an orthopedic or sports injury before...Find out More
Acupuncture is a safe, non-invasive therapy that helps alleviate pain, improve function and promote the body’s natural healing process. At Meadowlands Physiotherapy we...Find out More
Concussions have made headlines in recent years as a result of new research into the long term effects, and their relationship with sports (especially football). But you don’t have...Find out More
Integrated Dry Needling
IDN stands for Integrated Dry Needling and is also known as dry needling. his scientifically based technique has been proven to reverse the shortened muscles that cause...Find out More
Suffer from vertigo, or loss of balance? Vestibular rehabilitation (VR) can help you keep your feet on solid ground. Read on to learn more about vestibular rehabilitation, how it works,...Find out More
Children and adults have very different healthcare needs. That is why you bring your son or daughter to a paediatrician instead of your doctor. The concept is no different when it comes...Find out More
Why Choose an FCAMPT Physiotherapist?
Several of our physiotherapists hold FCAMPT designations, which means they are Fellows of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy. This designation is the highest qualification that a Physiotherapist can achieve and is recognized around the world. Only a select few hold the FCAMPT designation —Meadowlands Physiotherapy is one of Ancaster's only physiotherapy clinics with FCAMPT designated physiotherapists.
Our physiotherapists also hold additional training and education in:
- Paediatric physiotherapy
- Temporomandibular disorders
- Integrated Dry Needling
- Pelvic Health/Physiotherapy
- Vestibular Rehab
- Manual Therapy and Manipulation
- Concussion Management
We Help Patients Get Back on Their Feet and Maintain an Active and Healthy Lifestyle
Our registered physiotherapists can help you get back on track quickly with rehabilitation programs and advice on how to prevent reoccurring injuries. We help patients recover from surgery, prevent and recover from injuries, and promote health and disease prevention.
Wondering if you need to see your family doctor first for a referral to our clinic? With direct access, you do not need a doctor’s note to make an appointment with one of physiotherapists. We specialize in helping:
- Athletes strengthen muscles and improve flexibility in order to prevent injury. We also treat and rehabilitate athletes who have been injured or are recovering from surgery.
- Seniors maintain good health, increase or maintain muscle strength and improve flexibility. We also help treat arthritis and other age-related illnesses and injuries to help seniors stay active for longer.
- New Moms prepare the body for child birth and help recovery from a natural child birth or c-section. Moms who incorporate physiotherapy into their recovery are able to regain their body strength and function quickly with our strong network of support.
- Employees recover from an injury or surgery or who are suffering from injuries related to poor posture or repetitive movements. We help employees get back to work faster.
- Kids recover from common sports-related injuries like concussions, broken bones and sprains. Melanie Sherbino is trained in paediatric physiotherapy and has five years of experience working at the Hospital for Sick Children where she provided physiotherapy treatment for children with:
- Developmental delays
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Neurological issues
- Cardiopulmonary issues
- Gross motor function impairments
- General core weakness
How Does Physiotherapy Help?
Registered physiotherapists help patients regain their movement, strength and balance. Our physiotherapists will work with you to help you regain your full range of motion, improve your posture and reduce pain you may be experiencing from an injury.
Your physiotherapist will take a thorough history and preform a detailed assessment of your injury and provide you with a individualized treatment plan.
We use a variety of techniques to accomplish these goals, including:
- Manual therapy or manipulation
- Integrated Dry Needling
- Registered Massage Therapy
What Should You Expect At Your First Appointment?
At your first visit your physiotherapist will spend some time getting to know you and learning about your medical history. You will be asked to arrive at your appointment early to fill out forms that will help facilitate this process.
Most health insurance plans will cover the total or complete costs of your physiotherapy treatment. Please remember to bring along your employer and insurance information so that we can facilitate direct billing with your insurance company.
Also bring comfortable clothing to wear to your physiotherapy appointments and ensure that your injured areas are accessible. During your assessment we will evaluate your:
- Range of motion
This assessment will help your physiotherapist better understand your injury and design an effective treatment plan. Some of the common injuries and illnesses that we treat include:
- Sports Injuries
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Neck & Back Pain
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
- Arthritic Conditions
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ)
- Vertigo and Dizziness
If you’re injured, suffering from an illness, need help getting back on the field or are looking for support in achieving your health goals then book your physiotherapy appointment today and get started on the road to better health.