(1) When should you wear compression socks?
You should wear your compression stockings during the day and take them off before going to bed.
(2) What are the Benefits of compression socks?
- boost circulation in your legs.
- decrease leg swelling.
- support veins.
- prevent blood from pooling in your leg veins.
- reduce orthostatic hypotension, which causes light headedness or unsteadiness when you stand.
- prevent development of deep vein thrombosis in your legs.
(3) Why do my legs feel better when I wear compression socks?
These stockings put pressure on your legs which helps your blood vessels work better. The arteries that take oxygen-rich blood to your muscles can relax, so blood flows freely. The veins get a boost pushing blood back to your heart. Compression stockings can keep your legs from getting tired and achy